Whilst Sensei never tires of reminding us that the best place to learn Aikido is in the dojo, he is happy to share the titles of some of the books on his bookshelf (in no particular order).
- Hands Off: Hap-ki-do Self Defence for Women(F. Adams & G. Webster)
- It’s a Lot Like Dancing: Aikido Journey (Terry Dobson)
- Bokken: Art of the Japanese Sword (Dave Lowry)
- The Samurai Way, Bushido: The Soul of Japan and The Book of Five Rings (Inazo Nitobé)
- Life in Aikido: The Biography of Founder Morihei Ueshiba (Kisshomaru Ueshiba)
- Aikido (PBK) (Kisshomaru Ueshiba)
- The Art of Peace (Morihei Ueshiba)
- The Secret Teachings of Aikido (Morihei Ueshiba)
- The Essence of Aikido (B. Sosa, B. Robbins & S. Segal)
- Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind (Shunryu Suzuki)
- Aikido, Iron Balls and Elbow Power: The Teachings of Alex Essani (Nick Waites)
- Aikido and the Dynamic Sphere: An Illustrated Introduction (Adele Westbrook)
- Bushido: The Way of the Samurai (Tsunetomo Yamamoto)
You will find these and many other Aikido titles (and other goodies) on amazon.co.uk.